The UshuaiaOriginally built for the United States agency NOAA (National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration), the ice-strengthened vessel USHUAIA is designed for polar travel and Antarctica expeditions. This small cruise ship was refurbished to accommodate a maximum of 84 passengers in 41 comfortable twin cabins and suites. USHUAIA is very well-appointed and provides ample deck space and an open bridge policy. The full complement of inflatable landing craft ensures superb landings and wildlife viewing opportunities on the otherwise inaccessible coastline.
All cabins include a desk and ample storage space. Public areas feature a large dining room (one sitting), an observation lounge and bar, a conference room with modern multimedia equipment, a well-stocked library, a changing room and a small infirmary. Our expert captain, officers and crew are highly experienced in Antarctic navigation and have a great love of nature. We provide a specialist team of international expedition leaders and lecturers, all extremely knowledgeable, enthusiastic, helpful and dedicated to the protection of the environment. Our chefs prepare excellent cuisine, including many local specialties, and the bar is well-stocked with carefully selected wines and spirits.
Included.• Voyage aboard the USHUAIA as indicated in the itinerary.
• All meals throughout the voyage aboard the USHUAIA.
• All shore excursions and activities throughout the voyage by zodiac.
• Program of lectures by noted naturalists and leadership by experienced expedition staff.
• All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
• Comprehensive pre-departure material.
• Detailed post-expedition log.